The Office of College and Career Preparation (OCCP) is looking for bright, energetic juniors and seniors to work as Youth Leaders for the Freshman Connection 8th to 9th grade summer transition program. This is an opportunity to help your peers get ready for high school by participating in interactive teambuilding, cultural enrichment and sports activities. It’s also an excellent opportunity to share your success as an upperclassman!
ONLY CPS students who will be juniors and seniors during the 2011‐2012 school year can apply to be a Freshman Connection Youth Leader. Students must be in good academic standing: minimum 2.5 GPA and regular attendance.
Sign up at Youth Ready Chicago today!!!
Follow the instructions listed below (you must be a CPS student with a valid student ID and Social Security Number):
- Select "Youth Applicants"
- Select "Apply Now"
- Select "Start Your Application"
- Select "Summer 2011"
- Select "Start a New Summer Application"
- Select "Chicago Public Schools Youth Leader"
- Follow the application steps and fill in the required information. Students MUST ENTER THEIR CPS ID # to be considered for this Youth Leader summer job!
- Print parent consent form (final page of the sign-up process). Once parent signs, fax consent forms to (773) 553-2162
Youth Leaders will be hired as CPS employees, and will be required to submit two forms of identification (ID) for I-9, Employment Verification. ID must include a social security (SSC) card plus one of the following: student CPS ID card, valid birth certificate, State of Illinois identification card, or a driver’s license.
Please present your SS card and second ID to your school’s administrator ASAP to avoid delay with hiring. The school administrator will make a photo copies for your personnel records. Youth Leaders will NOT be hired without proper documentation and I-9 Employment Verification!
If you have additional questions, email email@example.com or call 773-553-2108.